West Valley Humane Society serves Canyon County, Idaho with a holistic array of services to people and animals that include: safe and secure temporary housing, medical care, food and nutritional support, enrichment, exercise, and behavioral modification for strayed, lost, and homeless pets.
West Valley Humane Society also provides low-cost preventative care for its community such as: vaccine clinics, microchip clinics, spay/neuter services, and targeted humane education.
West Valley Humane Society was founded in 2011 after Canyon County Animal Shelter became privatized as a charitable nonprofit entity. The organization serves thousands of animals in Canyon County and surrounding areas each year and continuously looks to provide support to network partners and the rescue community. West Valley Humane Society is a brick-and-mortar animal shelter that is a private, charitable, nonprofit Idaho 501(c)(3) Corporation.
If you are interested in learning more about the shelters mission, vision, programs and services- we’d love to invite you in for a tour.
To schedule a tour, please select a date and time below that works best for you and your schedule.
This tour will include:
- A shelter walk-through to explain what services are offered in which departments.
- An overview of our general programs.
- A tour of our adoption areas.
- Guests are encouraged to participate in our “Quiet Kennel Initiative” by walking through our dog kennels and rewarding dogs with treats for having all 4 paws on the floor.
- If there are specific areas of interest, please let us know at the start of your tour.